Monday, July 11, 2011

~Lolita Meme - Answers~

Meme from: F Yeah Lolita.

1. Best Lolita fashion advice you've ever received?
I've had a lot of Lolita fashion advice, such as be yourself and dare to break the rules a little, but the most recent one is to use a Crinoline underskirt instead of the more common ones made of tulle. I have a few tulle ones, but after just a little while they turn useless for keeping my skirt puffy, so I'm going to save up for a crinoline one as soon as possible. My friend Andrea has one, and her skirts looks amazing with the crinoline underneath.
2. Style icons?
Oh my, I don't know if I have anyone in particular. But both my friend Andrea and my friend Malin are great inspirations for the Lolita fashion. But other than that I look at Lolita fashion tumblrs, such as: Sweet Lolita Tumblr. So other Lolitas are my style icons, they inspire me.
3. Describe your personal style.
My Lolita style is a mixture of Classic and Sweet. ^^ I prefer wearing cardigans/boleros with my JSKs, instead of Blouses, however, I do wear blouses sometimes, when I feel like it. So I suppose my Lolita style is a bit down to earth, but still cute and lovely. I'm not so much over the top sweet, but a more classical sweet Lolita.
4. Favorite designers/brands?
My favorite brand is Baby the stars shine bright. They have very pretty prints, but doesn't go as much over the top with thier sweet fashion as AP can do. Also I really love the brand Innocent World aswell. But I do enjoy all of the Lolita brands in their own way.
5. Most cherished items?
I think that is my only Angelic Pretty piece, a pink polkadot JSK, and also my newest Baby the stars shine bright JSK, black with flowers. But also my RHS from ebay and my Baby necklace. I suppose I cherish all my Lolita clothes/items. The once my mother has made aswell. so I can't really think of one, to be honest.
6. Most used item?
I think it is either my Baby necklace or my RHS. But as far as dresses go I have to say: my AP JSK or my Meta JSK.
7. I feel best wearing?
Either my black Baby JSK or the one I wore for this years international Lolita day.
8. The first thing I look for in another Lolita's outfit...
The coordination, how everything is put together and how that looks. But I suppose the dresses and skirts, the headpieces and necklaces catches my eyes pretty fast.
9. Lolita Fashion rule you never break?
I'm trying to remeber all the rules but right now I can't really tell wich ones I never break. I suppose I have my own idea of how I want to wear Lolita fashion, so I stick to how I want it. I don't care much for rules. but I would never try to wear Lolita in a erotic/sexy way.
10. Never caught wearing?
I have no idea. but clothes that don't fit me, or that I feel looks tacky.
11. Dress to impress who?
Myself. I don't dress for other people, mostly I dress for myself. I wear what I feel is pretty and how I want it. So that I feel good about myself.
12. Your next "must have" purchase?
Crinoline. A black Bolero. More stockings and new dresses. I don't have any specific dresses in mind, probably something homemade. (I'm saving up money for a new Computer and phone, so there will not be any new brand dresses for quite a while now.)
13. Favorite type of head accessory?
Flowers. hairclips with flowers, diadem with flowers and so on. Ribbons are also cute, but mostly it's flowers or/and butterflies in my hair.
14. Favorite cut of clothing (shirring, high waist, princess seams etc)?
I like shirring, but mostly on brand pieces, homemade ones are made after my bodyshape, so I don't need shirring then. JSKs rather than OPs. Cardigan/Boleros rather than Blouses.
15. Current obsession?
I don't know. But I really want that crinoline, so right now that's my obsession I suppose. But other than that. I want more dresses like the one I wore for the international Lolita day, wich I linked in question number 7. but with all kinds of different fabrics, prints and so forth.
16. Best Lolita fashion advice you can give to anyone:
Be yourself, have fun with the fashion. Concider "the rules" of the fashion more as guidelines than rules. But also knowlage is power, before you jump into the fashion, read about it, try to get your own idea of how you want it to be and make it work. Good Luck! :)

//Risa-chan

No comments:

Post a Comment